Saturday, December 29, 2012

WINTER TROUT

After waiting and waiting for the flows to increase and the ice to melt off the rivers. I decided I needed to do something with my life, so I tried a little ice fishing.
 
 
I caught quite a few trout this one was the biggest, check out the wounds on this fish. As far as I know there are no pike in this lake so maybe it was attacked by a walleye or a bird. Ice fishing was entertaining, but not a substitute for fly fishing. So I decided to try the one place in town where the river wasn't iced over, below the water sanitation plant. They told me that the fishing would be crappy, but ironically I was able to fool this brown trout with a size 20 grey RS2. It was the only fish I saw all day and after an epic battle that involved my line being tangled in a log jam I managed to wrangle this winter trout.  



No comments:

Post a Comment