Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LAKE BROWNS, WHITE BASS AND A WALLEYE

On Saturday my friend and I found a small lake up the Poudre Canyon on an unmarked pull off that I had probably driven by hundreds of times. I decided to fish it and ended up catching some browns. I'm Definitely heading back soon because there was also river access from the same pull off, it might become my new go to spot.


On Sunday I went out on the boat for a few hours before work and I caught a 20in walleye and a bunch of trout.

On Monday I drove down to Loveland and fished the inlet of horseshoe lake and caught white bass til my arms were tired. They were all about the same size, but they put up a good fight.
Basically I just want to show off all the fish I caught lately, its been really good fishing.





4 comments:

  1. Great fish! Thanks for showing off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love spring - and showing off!

    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to send this in an email, but I couldn't find your "email me" link on the blog.

    Dustin and I have been looking for a good spot to catch whites. We'd tear them up back in KC every spring - one of our favorite fish times of the year. Is Horseshoe a good spot? Do you catch with a fly, or spin gear? We'd normally break out the spincasts, and reel in our fair share on tube jigs. What do you use?

    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey this is Luke from Fort Collins Angler:Horseshoe inlet is a great spot for whities and so is the inlet at Boyd Lake. I caught them at horseshoe on my spin rig freelinning minnows and at Boyd with a black and silver X-Rap Rapala. I would think that you could catch them on white streamers or other bait fish imitations if you wanted to try to get them on a fly rod.

    ReplyDelete